Tuesday, April 26, 2011

MACT - How i reached there

Welcome to my past and would like to make it more adventurous by asking you to fasten on the seat belts ,:lol dont worry iam little cranked out not .

I did my graduation in CSE from NIT bhopal erstwhile REC in India during 2005, that means i took my admit during 2001.I was part of other 7 people from our state and lakshadweep who took admit to this college popularly known then as MACT then .My father and maternal uncle did a little bit of ground work and came up with the finding that this was a good college .Its worth mentioning that my father had coaxed me into joining the CET - Trivandrum which is also one among the prestigious colleges in Kerala but having my brother passed out from REC - Calicut, i was very particular of having this brand tag and my interest were fueled by stories about RECs grandeur from my maternal uncle and mother who both had accompanied me to my joining in bhopal.Even though my dream was to be part of MNREC- Allahabad[i used to solve sample papers and it had the MNREC tag to it ,so i though it was something great{What a stupid reason na}] but my father out rightly rejected it by saying to reach Allahbad is tougher than Bhopal[You have to get down at itarsi and change direction ,bhopal used to fall in the Delhi route so plenty of daily trains were available from Kerala ,TN]

I was never nervous about going such a long way to study because i had been to many places in india due to the circuitous job of my father who used to work in CCI .My hindi was good which many of my future friends from MACT would agree with, the untainted slang i possessed.

Having once reached MACT [ i prefer saying MACT because somehow that's whats in my mind than MANIT]i realized that the hostel was divided into 15 different groups .[Even though the number of states were more than 25 ,NE was more or less grouped as one]We had to go through a customary parade of being in formals[white shirt and black pants ] with a black tie and it was part of the infamous GR[General Ragging]which was considered as the stepping stone to MACT .

To be Continued ... [Feeling sleepy .......Zzzzzzzzzzz's]

No comments: